ASSIGNMENT #1.)
Your first assignment is to write a prediction by replying to this post. You must write a short paragraph between 5-8 sentences. You must use proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. I will be looking to see that you are using vocabulary that you have learned this year, as well as proper sentence/paragraph structure. Always keep in mind that you must be socially responsible. Don't forget that everything you write here will be moderated and reviewed by your entire class.
I predict this book The Hobbit will be about dragons and the hobbit. telling from the front cover it is probably something based off of lord of the rings which I have never seen nor read.I predict this book will please me and will be quite interesting to read.
ReplyDeleteI got the Hobbit today, and I am looking forward to reading it.
ReplyDeleteI predict it will be about someone/something called a Hobbit, and that this titular character goes to battle the fierce dragon depicted on the front cover. Knowing fantasy novels, it will probably involve a team of other characters, presumably to back this Hobbit up. Why would they go around whacking dragons? Well, aside from being excellent exercise, there is also the matter of a giant pile of gold in the background of the cover. And, well, as one clever IRS auditor said,
The trick is to stop thinking about it as your money.
Well, there has never been a truer statement, so I suppose the dragon was inevitably going to get beat up for its gold anyway. These things are staples of the fantasy genre.
Anyway, I do look forward to reading this novel, and well, it's always nice to read the classics, to improve your understanding of fine literature.
I predict that the Book "the Hobbit" will be about two best friend Hobbits named Biblo and Smaug. Who go on a mission to slay a big bad dragon. Im guessing that the story will sort of be like lord of the rings, judging that it is a sequel. Furthermore I have a good felling that they will find a pile of gold after they slay the dragon. Because there is a picture a pile of gold on the back. Im hoping that it will be a good and interestin book and I hope that i will enjoy it!!!!! :)
ReplyDeletei think that this book will be about a mythical creature named the "Hobbit". He will get forced to go on a quest to fight a giant fire breathing dragon that lives in a mountain. There is a city nearby and the dragon steals all of their gold, forcing them to evacuate.The hobbit and the wizard will be forced to steal all of the gold. The dragon will find the small band of travelers ant try to stop them. There will be many challenges that they face along the way.
ReplyDeleteI think that this book will be about Lord of the Rings and the hobbits, wizards, and dwarves. Also it will be about how they will have to go on a quest and have to fight a dragon, and one of them will die and then it will be all intense at the end.
ReplyDeleteI predict this book will be on the ‘hobbit’ a, what I believe to be, unique creature that is intelligent and may be magical based on what I know of Lord of the Rings. I think the book will talk about one of the hobbit’s adventures, to do a very dangerous task, (if he did something boring, the book wouldn’t be popular) probably to kill a dragon, as there is a dragon on the cover. Another thing is, I think he or she or it will be forced, along with others people or creatures, to do this as there is not a very good chance of coming back alive. In the end, I think the hobbit will come back alive, and will achieve his goal.
ReplyDelete@Leonard- I really liked your prediction, I liked it because you stated your opinion then you gave reasons why to back it up. I think that your prediction is going to be mostly right. Even though I have not read all of the book yet from what I have read you have been 80% correct give or take a few....
ReplyDelete@Katniss- I have finished reading the book and surprisingly, you are 100% correct with your prediction. As for the part where you said you think that you will like this book, I think it was pretty good.
ReplyDelete@hanna- No offence, but I thought "be all intense at the end" as, well, sort of lacking in detail. maybe next time you should try to add more detail.
ReplyDelete@Charles Murry-as for your prediction, you were 100% right. your prediction was very interesting and I liked the way you added humour in it. I have no suggustions for you and as I said great prediction!!!
ReplyDelete@Peeta – Good prediction, it tells what you think the book will be about, though it lacks some detail. There are also a few errors (In my opinion, though your prediction may be perfectly fine.) too. One of them is the fact that you say the hobbit and the wizard must steal back all of the gold, but say the dragon finds the “small band of travelers” after. All in all, this is a good description.
ReplyDelete@ Everyone - Again, I'm really impressed with your posts and your responses. I'm glad to see that you are writing on a regular basis, are using your reading strategies, and that you all understand the literary elements that you have learned in class! I'm so proud to be your teacher! :)
ReplyDelete@HILLCREST BLOG- Awww...we're also proud to be your students.
ReplyDelete